Getting the right form of van insurance is important all the time but when others are at risk as well, it's even more vital that the cover you buy provides the protection you need.

Fortunately, with The Van Insurer, you can compare different types of van insurance, whether it's for business or private use.

Business insurance for your Double Cab

Most Twin Cab van owners will use their van for business, making use of the additional row of seats to transport other employees about.

If you use your van for work, even for something as straightforward as commuting, you need a business insurance policy.

There are three basic types of business insurance for vans, they are:

-- Carriage of Own Goods
-- Carriage of Goods for Hire or Reward
-- Haulage

The type of van insurance that suits you depends on your job and the type of work you do.

For most Twin or Double Cab owners, in industries such as construction, a Carriage of Own Goods business policy will suit them. This covers a van driver's tools and their materials.

Private insurance for your Double Cab van

Lots of drivers in the UK use a van for private use with the extra storage space a bonus for big families.

Double Cab vans fit the bill perfectly too, combining lots of load space with plenty of seating for the family too.

Private van insurance is the one for you if you use your van for social, domestic and pleasure use only. If you commute at all, you need a business policy for your Twin Cab.

Comprehensive or Third Party insurance for your Double Cab van?

As well as deciding what type of cover you need for your van, whether it's business or private, you also need to decide what level of cover you need.

You need to pick from ComprehensiveThird Party, Fire or Theft and Third Party Only too.

You can compare van insurance for your Double Cab with The Van Insurer. We compare quotes from some of the UK's leading insurance providers and all you need to do is fill in a simple online form.