More often than not, if you see a white van on the road, it's usually being used for business purposes.
While we're not denying that there are lots of UK drivers who use models like the Ford Transit or Vauxhall Vivaro as everyday vehicles, there are more people who use them for work.
If you use your van for business purposes then, as you might have guessed, you'll need some form of business van insurance.
Which business van insurance policy should I choose?
The business van insurance policy you choose really depends on how you use your van at work.
For example, if you're a delivery driver, you could have to deliver expensive goods, so you need an insurance policy that covers the contents of your vehicle, like a goods in transit or courier insurance policy.
A tradesman who uses their van to travel between jobs will need a fairly standard business van policy however it may also be a good idea to get specialist cover that includes your tools.
How to get business van insurance
It's quick and easy to compare business van insurance quotes with The Van Insurer and hopefully save some money.
All you need to do is answer some questions about you, your van and your driving history and then you'll see a range of insurance prices and policies from some of the UK's leading van insurers.
You'll see this page on our website but you'll also get a confirmation email and an SMS from us, confirming your cheapest quotes with The Van Insurer.
All you need to do is select the insurance policy and price that suits you and we'll pass you over to the insurer you've selected, from there it shouldn't take too long to get your insurance.
Important details to know to get business van insurance
There are some details you'll know off the top of your head (or at least we think you should), like your Full Name, Date Of Birth and Address.
There are some however that you may be unaware of but they're not difficult to find out, usually through a search of your email inbox.
For example you'll need to know things like:
- The type of driving licence you have
- The date you obtained your driving licence
- Any accidents, claims or motoring convictions you have
- The type of policy you want
- The number of years No Claims Bonus (NCB) you have
- Your annual mileage
- The length of time your business has been in operation
- Van usage
- Manufacturer and model of your van
- The engine size of your van and when it was manufactured
Ways to save money on your business van insurance
Business van insurance is usually more expensive than a standard policy for personal use essentially because it needs to provide cover for more eventualities.
Within business van insurance itself, depending on the type of business policy you're after, the cost can vary too. For example, a tradesmen with 'carriage of own goods' cover, could be cheaper than 'carriage of goods for hire or reward' for a courier driver.
While you can't avoid that, there are still a few things you can do to save money on your van insurance.
- Get a small van: Generally, the smaller your van and the smaller its engine, the cheaper it will be to insure
- Keep it secure: Fitting an approved security device can lower the cost of your policy
- Park it securely: Keeping your van in a locked garage overnight will generally result in cheaper insurance than if you parked it on the road overnight.
- Limit your mileage: It's important you're accurate when you estimate your mileage however the higher your mileage, the more expensive your insurance is likely to be.
- Voluntary excess: If you increase your voluntary excess you could see your premium reduce, however it's important that you're able to afford both of your excesses in the event of making a claim
You can learn more about ways to save on your van insurance.
Get business van insurance with The Van Insurer
Whatever your specific need, if you use your van for business purposes, even if it's just driving between different sites, you need some form of business van insurance.
The good news is you can compare business van insurance quotes with The Van Insurer.