What is Third Party Fire and Theft van insurance?

A Third Party Fire and Theft policy will cover you for the same as Third Party Only but will also insure you for if your van is stolen or damaged by fire.

That means that your insurer will pay out for any damage caused to other parties if you're involved in an accident that was your fault, as well as any costs incurred through fire or theft.

But what your policy won't cover you for is any damage or injury caused to you or your van in the event of an accident.

Why choose Third Party Fire and Theft?

Vans are attractive to thieves because they're much more likely to be carrying expensive items than cars are.

This means that while Third Party Only polices may be enough cover for a car, your van probably needs a higher level of cover.

And although it's not likely that your van will be destroyed or damaged by fire, you probably stand to lose more if that does happen, due to the fact that your van may be your livelihood.

Plus, there's the added benefit that a Third Party Fire and Theft policy may be cheaper than a Comprehensive one, down to there being fewer instances where your insurer may need to pay out.

Is price the most important factor?

Third Party Fire and Theft policies may be cheaper than a fully comprehensive one but that does not necessarily mean it's the right choice for you.

It's important to think carefully about what you would do if your van was damaged and make sure that the policy you choose reflects your own personal needs.

How can I get Third Party Fire and Theft van insurance?

Searching for van insurance can be a long and boring process but it couldn't be simple with The Van Insurer.

We compare van insurance quotes from our panel of top UK insurers to help you find the right policy to fit your needs.