But if anything was to go wrong and you suddenly found yourself without a van to transport your equipment around, what would you do?

Having the right insurance cover is so important because without it you might end up unable to get to work and if you can't get to work, you can't earn any money, it's as simple as that.

Cheap van insurance for painters and decorators

Going for price first and foremost may seem like a good idea, especially without the constant rising cost of insurance but don't be fooled -- if you don't have the right level of cover then you'll end up paying more in the long run.

Going for a lesser form of cover may save you money at first but taking out a comprehensive policy is the only way to ensure your van and tools are covered in case of an accident.

But you can still shop around to find a good deal, especially with all the online price comparison sites around nowadays.

Just taking five minutes to fill in a simple form could make the difference between saving some of that hard earned cash.

Carriage of own goods cover

If you're a painter or decorator then it's most likely that you'll need 'carriage of own goods' cover for your van insurance.

That's because carriage of own goods will cover your tools and materials as well as your van if you've got a Comprehensive policy, so you're not left trying to paint without a paintbrush, to put it bluntly.

With The Van Insurer you can compare van insurance quotes for painters and decorators and because we've been providing insurance price comparison since 2008, we're confident that you'll find a quality policy at a price that works for you!