Young Driver Van Insurance
Young drivers pay more for insurance; it’s a fact of motor insurance and is the same for all types of vehicles, vans included.
That’s because those aged 17-24 are statistically more likely to be involved in collisions and accidents, which results in expensive claims and expensive premiums.
Is there specialist van insurance for young drivers?
Unfortunately there are no specialist van insurance policies for young drivers and that means you’ll have to get used to the idea that you have to pay more.
How young drivers can save money on their van insurance
The best way for young drivers to save money on their van insurance is to compare as many different quotes as possible, and that’s where The Van Insurer steps in.
We compare quotes from around 40 of the UK’s leading insurance providers when you fill in one simple form, which means you don’t have to go to each broker individually to see who is cheaper.
Other ways for young van drivers to save on their insurance
- Keep it small – The smaller and less powerful your van is, the cheaper it’s likely to be to insure.
- Don’t modify – Modifications usually add to the cost of your van insurance premium.
- Named drivers – Adding experienced named drivers to your policy can reduce the cost just don’t pretend they’re the main driver if they are not.
- Security – Some insurers will offer discounts if you take extra security measures for your van.
- Play with excess – Changing your voluntary excess can lower your premium, just make sure you can afford the altered excess in the event of making a claim.
- Minimise extras – Some extras, like breakdown cover, are worth having however more add-ons means more expense.
You can compare van insurance quotes now with The Van Insurer using the Get Quotes button at the top right of the page.
GET A QUOTE
Compare van insurance from the top UK brokers now!Get a quote