Don’t forget those winter checks!
Monday, November 19 2012
According to windscreen company, Autoglass, van drivers need to start carrying out those all-important winter checks on their vehicles in order to ensure they stay safe and sound on the roads when the weather turns extreme. They have compiled a list of top tips to help you keep your van in tip-top condition:
- Don’t be temped to reach for a credit card to scrape your windscreen when it gets icy. Though it seems quick and easy at the time, it could cause scratches which will reduce visibility. Invest in a good quality scraper to do the job properly.
- Keep an eye on your battery and if it’s not up to scratch, change it! A flat battery is the biggest cause of breakdown in the UK.
- Keep those fluid levels topped up and ensure your headlights are in full working order. Poor weather conditions and no headlights are an extremely dangerous combination.
- Check your tyre pressure to the correct levels and make sure you have the correct level of tread. Worn tyres will reduce your braking ability in poor conditions.
- Above all, keep your van in good running order all year round!!